Breast Lift Cosmetic Surgery – Mastopexy
A Breast Lift is a cosmetic surgical procedure used to raise, reshape, and add fullness to sagging breasts. This procedure can also be used in combination with breast implants to enhance firmness and size. Our doctor specialize in several of the newest techniques, which leave minimal scars and ensure the quickest recovery.
The better informed our patients are, the better they are at making their decisions. We believe in providing the highest patient care and through your assigned patient advisor, you can be sure every consideration is made to ensure your expectations are the same as the final results.
About Breast Lift Surgery
A breast lift is ideal for those who have noticed sagging and loss of shape during pregnancies or the natural aging process. Hormone fluctuations during pregnancy can cause the size of the breasts to change. Some women experience extensive swelling, sometimes causing a difference of one to two cup sizes. In addition to the postpartum loss of fat tissue, swelling can cause the skin to stretch and then sag. No amount of exercise can re-tighten that skin. A mastopexy can be performed to remove the excess skin and “lift” the breasts to reduce the sagging.
- You will require anesthesia.
- The technique used will depend on the surgeon’s preference and what you will benefit most from.
- The placement of your incisions will depend on the technique required for you. The doctor will usually suggest a procedure that will leave you with the least amount of scarring possible.
- If preferred, breast implants may be inserted behind the pectoral muscle.
- Your stitches will be placed inside and are dissolvable.
- You will be required to wear a surgical bra until your surgeon advises.
Good Candidates For Breast Lift Surgery
If you are considering breast lift surgery, you should understand that there is permanent scarring involved. Results tend to last longer with smaller breasts. Breasts which are too large may sag over time due to their heaviness. You should also consider whether or not you intend to have more children. Pregnancy and nursing after the procedure may reverse the results of the procedure. With good physical and emotional health, and realistic expectations of your surgery, your new firmer breasts will rejuvenate your silhouette.
- Your breasts have lost their volume due to pregnancy or aging.
- You have large areolas with little fullness on the top of your breasts.